Monday, September 9, 2013

Melissa Marie


So it's a week or so late but we didn't forget our sweet Melissa's Gotcha Day post! We actually celebrated her day a little early because school started back up this past week and things have been very busy.  So here is her story.

Melissa is our baby C of the trio. She is sweet, funny and our princess.  She has been princess since she was in the NICU high up on a wedge in a tall crib looking over all the other babies in the unit. She was princess because any time Mommy or Daddy were with the other 2 babies in the NICU and at home she would make it known that she was wanting our attention! Melissa's humor and larger than life personality makes her a unique and special part of the trio! 

A few weeks ago we took Melissa out to celebrate her special day. Melissa wanted to do something with bubbles. We weren't sure how we were going to find that in Olympia or close by but we decided to head to the children's museum and see what we could find. We found the perfect thing for her! Sand in the City was going on down at the museum and they had all kinds of fun! We'll let her tell the story from here!

Mommy and Daddy brought me to this place that was full of people wandering around looking at all these sand sculptures. I wasn't so sure about the whole event but I thought I could give it a try. We walked up and down and all around. Mommy and Daddy tried to get me to look at some sea creatures in buckets but I wasn't interested! I just wanted to move on, well kind of! I didn't want to look but I didn't want to move either! I wanted to stand under the tent. Finally Daddy and Mommy convinced me to move. They found me a giant sand box and showed me how to build a sand castle and draw in the sand! That was really fun! After a while, Mommy was getting warm so we had to move again. We looked at more sand sculptures. I started to really get into this whole thing. I liked the one that showed the minions from Despicable Me! I also saw a really cool sea creature one that spit out bubbles! That was amazing! I got to see the bubbles and pop a few too! After we looked at a few more sculptures and took a few pictures, we walked a little further and there was ANOTHER sand box! More sand! I was in heaven! I loved digging and drawing! Mommy even showed me how to draw my name in the sand! After we played in the sand it was time to walk some more! We walked to where there were some games and crafts to do. I didn't really want to do any of those things but there was one thing I could do! I got my face painted for the first time! I got a lady bug! I wasn't sure about that experience! It tickled!

When we were done walking and playing in the sand we walked by the museum toy store and I got to pick out a toy to take home! I saw the perfect thing! I have been eyeing Katelynn's Wally since she brought it home a few days before so I got to get my very own "Wally"! Mine is pink! (It's really a seal, but Mommy and Daddy don't care that I call him "Wally"!)

I carried my "Wally" with me as we walked back toward the car.  As we were leaving I spotted the perfect place! It was a BUBBLE station! They had giant bubble wands and TONS of bubbles! It was so much fun! I played and played and played until we had to go home! It was getting late and the nanny was going to have to go home soon, so we needed to get home to Ethan and Katelynn. I was so so sad! I screamed "BUBBLES" at the top of my lungs all the way to the car, several blocks away! Lots of people stared at Mommy and Daddy as they carted me off to the car! When we got to the car I finally stopped and fell right to sleep!

It was a successful celebration for Princess Melissa! Check out her video link below!

Melissa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment