Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ethan Alexander!


Saturday July 20th, marked 2 years since Ethan Alexander left the NICU and came home with his delighted, yet nervous parents! He was the first of the triplets to be ready to come home and we are so thankful everyday for the gift that he is in our lives.

Ethan is a sensitive, fun-loving little guy.  He is full of energy and giggles! He loves to have his feet tickled. Ethan is a very musical little boy.  When he has the chance he will sing in church (more and more words are beginning to come out!) or anywhere else he feels the urge to sing a little tune.  He loves to listen and dance to music!

Ethan is also very much a little boy! He will bring any unsuspecting person a live bug any chance he gets! He loves to play in water, dirt and other great textures for his sensory system!

We can't wait to see what this little boy will do next! He's got a little head full of BIG dreams!



 

Celebrating Gotcha Day 2013

As is the custom in our family since having the trio, we celebrated Ethan's "NICU Gotcha Day" by taking just him out to do something fun while his sisters stayed home with the Nanny! He wasn't so sure about leaving his sisters at home and just going out with Mommy and Daddy, but after he got in the car he calmed down and decided it might be ok!

We'll let him tell the story from here!

My first request was a treat! We stopped off for Daddy to get coffee and I got a cake pop to share with Mommy! I really enjoyed that! Then we stopped at Grammy and Boppa Rosenkranz's house for a few minutes to visit and I got a present! Remember last year I got a drum for my Gotcha Day? Well this year they added to my collection of instruments and I got my very own Guitar!

After stopping at Grammy and Boppa's we were on the road again. Mommy and Daddy asked me where I wanted to go next. They gave me the choice of the museum or the fair!  I chose the fair without any prompting! Mommy and Daddy were surprised!  When we got there Mommy and Daddy got me some fries! This happens to be the trios favorite food right now! Then we went to play a game! I love to pull rubber ducks from the plastic pond! I don't really care for the prize.  After I played the game we went to see if I was tall enough for any rides! I was in luck! I got to ride in a boat! I loved that until I went through the teepee then I wasn't so sure, but I finished the ride with a smile! Last stop was to get a balloon for my day and then home!

Fun Day for everyone! Happy Gotcha Day to me! I'm glad I made it through 64 days in the NICU!


No comments:

Post a Comment